Monday 12 January 2015

Mismatched mummy!

Do you remember those books you had as a child where the pages were chopped into three and you had to try and match the head, middle and legs of each person? Well today, i look as if i am a character from one of those books, but I'm definitely still in the pre matching stage.
I had so many plans for today. Today is my fiance's last but one day off before he goes back to work, so the last thing i wanted to do was stay in the house. We were going to take Dexter to a lovely farm a few miles away and have a nice walk around, not only to try and get a bit of fresh air into his lungs, but also for nostalgic purposes. The place in question is where Lee took me on a date just under 3 years ago when we were still in the awkward polite stage of our relationship (you know, when you're too scared to fart in front of them and are trying to give off the illusion that you didn't spend 3 hours getting ready because you changed your outfit at least seven times through pure nerves). I can safely say the politeness ship has since sailed!
After the visit to the farm, Lee and I were planning to take Dexter to visit his Auntie Lisa,my big sister, and meet the puppies she bought for my nieces and nephew for Christmas. Sounds like an eventful day doesn't it? What actually happened was wind pain...not me but Dexter, just to set the record straight! It all started last night after we'd eaten dinner. Dexter was inconsolable and no matter what Lee did, he was howling like a tiny toothless banshee! Out came the gripe water, which always goes down like a lead balloon with Dexter. In all fairness i can't blame him, it does smell a bit funky and if it wasn't so good at helping him with his wind, I wouldn't bother with it. An hour and a succession of baby belches later, Dexter was finally starting to calm down ( can I get a hallelujah?!). 
Naively, Lee and I thought this would lead to a nice peaceful nights sleep. Dexter, however, had very different plans as every 2-3 hours he was up,giving us a verbal dig in the ribs and ripping up our metaphorical 'do not disturb' sign. He's pretty good at that!
After this *ahem* unsuccessful nights sleep, I was in no mood to bother leaving the house. For once, I have managed to brush my hair and teeth, have my breakfast, straighten my hair, put on enough make up to prevent my reflection from running scared and get partially changed. Which brings us in a full circle right back to the books split into three (if anyone knows the correct name for them, please let me know). I looked in our ridiculously disorganised wardrobe and managed to find an old All Saints racer back vest top and a rather sorry looking cardigan from new look, complete with holes. I then thought about looking for something to wear on my bottom half (I'm still in the living in leggings post pregnancy stage) and after looking down at my fleecy primark pyjama bottoms, I decided changing my underwear and putting said pyjama bottoms back on was enough effort for one day. 
So you see, I may all of the credentials of a well organised mummy on paper, having actually got dressed and made a slight effort, but I infact look like someone who performed 'stop,drop and roll' in the returns section of a changing room! Ahhh, the life of a first time Mum!
Much love, Laura xx


2 comments:

  1. I remember those days, aww the joys of mother hood xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! There's nothing better is there :) xx

    ReplyDelete