Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Fathers Love

Above is a selection of some of my favourite pictures of my two favourite people in the whole world, Lee and Dexter. Now, as you well know by the title of my blog, Dexter is my little boy, the apple of my eye and just the best little baby in the whole world (as is every baby in the world to their parents,I'm sure)! Lee is my FiancĂ©, the father of my child, my best friend, the person who makes me feel lucky every morning when I wake up and the person i can't wait to marry and grow old with. It all sounds a little clichĂ© doesn't it? Our life doesn't come without challenges and together we're still learning to be good parents as each day with Dexter passes, but i genuinely couldn't do it without him and I love every single minute i spend with him. 
You're probably wondering why I've written all of this soppiness on here. Well, I don't know if  anyone else does this, but i regularly just sit back and watch Lee with Dexter. It could be in an evening while Lee is getting him ready for bed, or when he comes home from work and their faces light up the moment they see each other, or even more challenging times when Dexter is feeling a bit under the weather while he's teething and Lee is giving him a cuddle and talking to him, calming him down while he's crying in pain. All of these little moments are what makes him such a wonderful Daddy, and the moments that make me realise just how lucky i am and how much i love him. You see, becoming parents gives a whole new dimension to your relationship. You're not just there to look out for each other and make each other happy anymore, you're suddenly responsible for a tiny person who literally needs you for every aspect of their existence. I'm not going to lie, it can be challenging at times, especially when tiredness sets in. But when I look at Lee and Dexter together and see the bond that they already have between them, it makes me so proud of them both. 
Afterall, nothing makes you love your partner more than seeing how much he loves your child.

Much Love, Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment