Saturday 10 January 2015

A new mummy is born!

So you no longer brush your hair before midday unless in exceptional circumstances? You must be a new mummy! There are so many things the midwives don't tell you about how your new life with your mini me will change your world forever. And every cliché about how it' the 'most rewarding but most difficult thing you'll ever do' etc is actually true! From the moment they hand you that little person all covered in goo, something within you is immediately different. Personally, my life changing moment was just under 8 weeks ago on a cold Tuesday afternoon in November. After being in labour for 2 days, the relief of him finally arriving was incredible! I looked at my fiancé, Lee, and I have genuinely never seen so much pride in his face. Since then, life has been a series of pongy nappies, endless washing, sleepless nights and sterilising bottles...but I wouldn't change a single solitary second of it! My wonderful, supportive, loving fiancé Lee and my gorgeous son Dexter are the inspirations in my life. They are my world, my muse, the jam to my toast if you like (whatever floats your boat!) and to utter the words of Bryan Adams in hopefully a non cheesy way, everything i do, i do it for them! They are the reason i not only wake up in the morning, but the reason i decided to write this blog. My life is a wonderful adventure thanks to them, and I want to take you, whoever you are, along for the ride! Welcome, new friend! I can't wait to see where this journey takes us! Much love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment