Friday 10 April 2015

My 25th Birthday & Dexters First Easter!

So Friday 3rd April (or good friday) marked the beginning of my Birthday/ Easter weekend. Me, Lee, Dexter, My sister Lisa, My nieces Lili and Jazmine, My Nephew Joel and my Parents were all off out for a late lunch at a lovely pub, not far from Shugborough Hall. We normally go out on the evening of my birthday, which is actually the 4th, but my nieces and nephew were off to their Dads to celebrate Easter and on the 3rd Jazmine was off to see Nicki Minaj with her friend and Lili was sleeping at her friends house. Ahhh, to have the social life of a teenager! The food was really nice and i built my own burger (well...i picked items from the menu and the staff did all the hard work, but you get the idea!) I also suffered the obligatory bringing out of the birthday cake, which was candy crush themed! We then went back to my sisters house for a little while and drank rosé. My sister bought me a voucher to get my nails done, which i was over the moon with as my nails have been rather neglected since Dexter came along!

Saturday was my actual birthday! It still feels weird to say i'm 25. I remember when i was little and i thought if you were over 20, you were pretty much ancient. So, there i was on Saturday morning, being pretty much ancient and munching toast! I'd been dreading this birthday a little bit as i was going to spend it alone until Lee finished work. well, i say alone, i had the hyperactive cat and Dexter, who happened to be aggressively teething at the time. I was woken up nice and early at around 5.20am by Dexter yelling what sounded like drunken ramblings but i would say translated to "get me out of this cot, Mickey Mouse clubhouse starts soon!" 
Lee shot off downstairs and made me a cuppa and brought my prezzies and cards to me in bed. I got some lovely things!



My parents and Lee had clubbed together to get me an amazing macbook pro retina, so i could blog a lot more easily, and Lee also bought me the Sims 4 and a disc drive for my macbook. Dexter bought me Bill and Ted's excellent adventure and Bill and Ted's bogus journey on dvd as i love those films!
My parents also bought me some lovely Zoella soak opera bath soak, Zoella fizz bar, Zoella makeup bag (i love me some Zoella products!), You're the one that I want by Giovanna Fletcher (i read Billy and Me when i was in hospital having Dexter and it was amazing!) and a beautiful bracelet engraved with the words 'So...there's this boy who stole my heart...and changed my name to Mummy'. I also got some money from Lees' Mom and The Fault In Our Stars on dvd from Lee's brother and partner.
The excitement was too much for Dexter!

As i was saying earlier, i was meant to be spending the day alone but, luckily, my nephew came round and kept me company and Lee managed to finish work early, so Joel, Lee and i had a cheeky Macdonalds before he went back home. Lee and i were then meant to be going out for a couple of drinks but, as we were both absolutely knackered from Dexter and his mischievous gums wreaking havoc in the night, we spent the afternoon in our pyjamas in bed, napping and drinking tea!
The evening was, however, spent eating indian food and watching Saturday night telly which was nice and relaxing as i love eating a curry and not having to dress up and leave the house to do it! I think that might be my Mummy brain talking!

Easter!!
So the following day was Easter Sunday aka stuff as much chocolate in your mouth as humanly possible day! I hear that calories consumed on this day don't count...but i'm pretty sure with my track record of simply looking at food and putting on weight, i can safely say this doesn't apply to me! Dexter woke up quite early, but he obviously didn't have any chocolate eggs to open because he's far too little. I'm sure he would've gummed the living daylights out of an egg, but at five months old, he'll have to wait until next year! Lee and i had bought Dexter a few little presents instead. He had an In The Night Garden bedtime little library, full of tiny little books containing a story about each character on the programme,Tomy play to learn hide 'n' squeak eggs, which basically look like a box of eggs but double as a shape sorter and squeak toy and some Bright Starts activity balls which are colourful balls that each do a little something different! He seemed happy enough with his presents anyway, you always know he likes something if he tries to eat it and, let's just say, his new toys were covered in dribble within a few minutes!

After getting Dexter and ourselves dressed, we went downstairs where my mom had three bags of gifts waiting for us! Dexter had the biggest bag which contained some tigger socks, two David and Goliath baby vests, a Ramones T-shirt and a board book version of 'We're Going On a Bear Hunt'. My sister had left Dexter a lovely George (as in Peppa Pigs' brother) easter feeding set with a bowl, cup and spoon and little tiny easter egg (which ended up in our not so little tiny tummies) and a lovely little Peppa Pig teether with a hoop to attach it to his pushchair! Lee's brother Darren and partner Sarah bought Dexter a cute little feeding set too, with little Easter chicks and rabbits all over it! Needless to say, he was a very lucky boy!
Lee and i were bought gorgeous Thorntons chocolate eggs by my Sister, lovely Easter eggs by Lee's Mom and a few little gifts by my mom, as we were trying not to eat chocolate...but ended up stuffing our faces! My Mom bought Lee an 'Eat,Sleep,Conquer,Repeat' Brock Lesnar t-shirt as he's a big fan and i got a Chinese lucky cat. Yes, the kind that repeatedly wave at you! i've really wanted one for ages, don't ask me why!


The day itself was a lovely one, spent with family. We went to Lee's parents house for a meal, which was really nice, and spent some time with Lee's sister Michelle, her Husband James, their little boy Alex, Lee's Brother Darren, Darren's partner Sarah and obviously Lee's Mom and Dad! It was nice to have a little drink and a catch up with everyone. It was also lovely to see Alex noticing Dexter a bit more and smiling and pointing at him, just can't wait until they're both running around giggling together!
That evening,when we got back home, we spent some time with my parents, my sister and nieces and nephew after they got back from their Dads house. Then, after everyone had gone home, got into bed, ate lots and lots of chocolate and caught up on some tv!

On Tuesday, Lee and i decided to take Dexter out. Since we didn't go out for my birthday on Saturday, we decided to go to TGI Fridays in Sutton Coldfield and have a nice lunch! It was such a lovely, sunny day which was great because we needed to go and buy Dexter a sun hat after our meal and we didn't really fancy getting soaked in the process! We got there dot on 12pm, just as TGI's opened, so it was lovely and quiet when we walked in there! Lee ordered a banana milkshake, i ordered an Oreo one and we sat and looked through the menu. Lee and i both ordered the bacon and cheese taquito bites as our appetizers and Lee ordered the Monster 2.0 (which is a HUGE burger!) as his main. I couldn't decide, but finally opted for the BBQ pulled pork burger, which was lovely! Lee then realised he was immensely jealous of my Oreo milkshake and ordered one for himself! I, however, fancied something fruity so i had a 'strawberry fields' instead, which is a concoction of strawberry purée with apple juice, elderflower cordial, rose and vanilla syrup, topped with soda and crushed ice. As you can imagine, we left TGI's extremely full!





After all that food, we walked into Sutton town centre and visited H&M to try and buy Dexter a sun hat. After negotiating the lift with the pushchair, we had a good look at all of the caps on offer, but they were all far too big for Dexter's head! Just as we were about to give up, Lee and i both spotted some caps on the sale rail. After trying a couple on, we finally found one that fitted his head! It's a lovely, bright red angry birds cap and he looks so much older when he wears it! It looks as if he's going to be one of those people who suit hats...you either are or you aren't! I couldn't believe it was only £2!
After all the excitement of eating our weight in food and finding a bargain, we were far too tired and full to walk around any more! We waddled back to the car and went back home! 

I loved my belated birthday meal out with my little family and the fact that, for once, it wasn't tipping it down, was a real bonus! How did you spend your Easter? I hope whatever you did, you enjoyed yourself!

Until next time,
Laura Xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment